STEP is our Transitional Education program, focusing on students with disabilities. We provide students with transferable vocational education and relevant social skill development as part of their Individualized Education Plan, improving future opportunities for competitive employment and/or post-secondary education.
• Vocational and educational training to aid high school students, through and beyond graduation, in preparation for future employment within their community
• Job coaches to work side by side with the students
• Choice of a half-day and full-day program for students
• On-site educational workshops for students that highlight, How to Write a Resume, Filling Out Job Applications, Mock Interviews, Life Skills and Personal Management
• Optional transportation arrangements
• Summer programs
• A budget friendly way to meet your Transitional / Vocational Education requirements
• Post-graduation job placement assistance
In our New Jersey location we are currently collaborating with the Hamilton Township, Princeton Regional, Robbinsville, and Metuchen School Districts. Students from these districts, working closely with their job coaches, are exposed to a wide variety of job sampling opportunities at various locations. These locations include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in both Hamilton and New Brunswick, the RWJ Center for Health and Wellness in Hamilton, local retail stores, supermarkets, insurance companies, pet grooming salons, libraries, and assisted living facilities, to name a few.
In our Columbia, SC location STEP is working with the Richland County School Districts to provide the vocational and educational training to aid students in their preparation for future employment. As in our other program location, the students will have the opportunity to experience a diversity of job sampling and work base experience throughout the community at job site locations. Some of these sites include retail stores, insurance companies, health care facilities, pet and animal centers, and other diverse industries that will aid in the success of our students’ personal and professional development for employment opportunities.
Princeton, NJ Area
I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss our services and how we could partner to meet the needs of your students. I look forward to hearing from you. Steven Verba Managing Director.
Columbia, SC Area
Phone: 803-750-8998 ext. 24
To discuss our services within our Columbia, SC location and opportunity to join forces for our students’ developmental success, you may contact: Anthony B. Thompson, Jr. – Supported Employment Coordinator I am thrilled and anticipate us working together!
Transition School to Work - S.T.E.P School to Employment Program